Chartered on 26th May, 1999, and sponsored by the Rotary Clubs of Albert Park & Melbourne, Southbank Rotary has continued to be a club for all generations, that strives to make a difference in their community and be a club that is able to "think out of the box." and do good in the world.
Major events throughout our club's history include:
- Hosting the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) in the first two years of our club's existance.
- Running the 'World's Biggest Garage Sale' at the Melbourne Convention Centre
Running a number of Business Breakfasts and community awards ceremonies including:
- 2004 - Xanana Vocational Education Trust Launch - featuring the then president of East Timor, Xanana Gusmao
- 2012 - Business Leaders Boot Camp
- 2012 & 13 - Rotary Community Service Awards
- 2014 - Grand Final Eve Breakfast
- 2018 - Millenial Breakfast - Featuring the CEO of Toll Holdings who spoke on the challenges facing the Millenial Generation today and how business leaders can help engage and grow them into the leaders of tomorrow.
- Participating in the running of the Street Soccer program and the 2008 Homeless World Cup in Melbourne.
- Hosting a Youth Exchange Student from Germany in 2013-14
- Sponsoring Steps Outreach Service and lauching a book for their 20 year anniversary.
- Our members volunteering at the Launch Housing Crisis Centre in Southbank to cook a BBQ for Residents (we join a terrific team of other volunteers on a weekly roster to share our efforts.)
Our Vision remains from the early years of the club:
A club that is enterprising, caring and productive. Developing fellowship and implementing activities rich in choice, for the benefit of our community.
In 2020-2021, during the centenary of Rotary in Australia, we will also be fortunate to have our charter member Philip Archer become the District Governor of our District 9800 who will lead the 60+ clubs in our district within Melbourne and country Victoria. Our club and other district members can look forward to a most exciting year and district conference that is planned for that year.
On 26th May 2019 it will mark the club's 20th Anniversary of service to the community and we look forward to reconnecting with all those who have been members over the years, or have helped us with our projects.
Likewise, if you share our vision for wanting to make a difference in a new and innovative club, if you have the ideas for what will make our community better, or you just want to have a great time with new friends, then we welcome you to come and join our club. Come and see what a difference connecting to not only your local Rotary Club does, but a world-wide network of people who have the passion to make a difference.
Rotary Southbank Meetings
Each week, the Rotary Club of Southbank, Melbourne, Australia gathers either for a dinner meeting at the Belgian Beer Cafe or various community project, social or networking events.
Our meetings consist of either guest speakers, opportuinities to plan projects of community benefit and catch up with friends.
Visitors to the club are always welcome, particularly non-Rotarians.
Rotary is where you can meet people equally passionate about helping out their commuity, share ideas and take action to make a difference in your community.
Regular Venue: Belgian Beer Cafe, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006
The meeting runs from 6pm for 6.30pm (finish at 7.30pm) with fellowhip before and after the meeting
Subscribe to Rotary Southbank News
Sign up to receive regular updates from the Rotary Club of Southbank regarding news and events in the local community and beyond