Chartered on 26th May, 1999, and sponsored by the Rotary Clubs of Albert Park & Melbourne, Southbank Rotary has continued to be a club for all generations, that strives to make a difference in their community and be a club that is able to "think out of the box." and do good in the world.
Major events throughout our club's history include:
- Hosting the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) in the first two years of our club's existance.
- Running the 'World's Biggest Garage Sale' at the Melbourne Convention Centre
- Running a number of Business Breakfasts and community awards ceremonies including:
- 2004 - Xanana Vocational Education Trust Launch - featuring the then president of East Timor, Xanana Gusmao
- 2012 - Business Leaders Boot Camp
- 2012 & 13 - Rotary Community Service Awards
- 2014 - Grand Final Eve Breakfast
- 2018 - Millenial Breakfast - Featuring the CEO of Toll Holdings who spoke on the challenges facing the Millenial Generation today and how business leaders can help engage and grow them into the leaders of tomorrow.
- Participating in the running of the Street Soccer program and the 2008 Homeless World Cup in Melbourne.
- Hosting a Youth Exchange Student from Germany in 2013-14
- Sponsoring Steps Outreach Service and lauching a book for their 20 year anniversary.
- Our members volunteering at the Launch Housing Crisis Centre in Southbank to cook a BBQ for Residents (we join a terrific team of other volunteers on a weekly roster to share our efforts.)
Our Vision remains from the early years of the club:
A club that is enterprising, caring and productive. Developing fellowship and implementing activities rich in choice, for the benefit of our community.
In 2020-2021, during the centenary of Rotary in Australia, we were also be fortunate to have our charter member Philip Archer become the District Governor of our District 9800 and lead the 60+ clubs in our district within Melbourne and country Victoria.
If you share our vision for wanting to make a difference in a new and innovative club, if you have the ideas for what will make our community better, or you just want to have a great time with new friends, then we welcome you to come and join our club. Come and see what a difference connecting to not only your local Rotary Club does, but a world-wide network of people who have the passion to make a difference.
Rotary Southbank Meetings
Each week, the Rotary Club of Southbank, Melbourne, Australia gathers either for a dinner meeting at the Mission to Seafarers or various community project, social or networking events.
[During Covid, meetings are held on Zoom]
Our meetings consist of either guest speakers, opportunities to plan projects of community benefit and catch up with friends.
Visitors to the club are always welcome, particularly non-Rotarians.
Rotary is where you can meet people equally passionate about helping out their community, share ideas and take action to make a difference in your community.
For full details of venue times, locations and guest speakers, please refer to the latest club events on our website or contact us for more information.
Regular Venue: Mission to Seafarers, 717 Flinders Street, Docklands VIC 3008
The meeting runs from 6pm for 6.30pm (finish at 7.30pm) with fellowship before and after the meeting