The best way to show your support for Rotary is by donating to the Rotary Foundation.
Whether a single donation or a regular donation, The Rotary Foundation allows your money to be pooled to be used by clubs all around the world to make a difference in their communities.
How do they do this? - In three Ways:
- Annual Fund - Funds contributed to the Annual fund are invested for 3 years and then spent the following year through a combination of Global Grants through Rotary International direct to clubs throughout the world or through Distict Managed Grants that provide more local support to clubs to ensure that funds raised are able to be delivered to projects that really matter and are sustaibnable.
- Permanent Fund - Most suitable for Bequests and large Donations, supporting this fund ensures that your legacy will continue on indefinately as the interest earned on these donations continues to fund the most significant projects around the world.
- Polio Plus - Started in 1985, right here in Australia, the initiative to immunise every child in the world against the devesting disease Polio has now resulted in a 99.9% reduction in the cases of Polio worldwide. Rotary, the World Health Organisation, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Governments around the world continue to fight this disease and immunuise every single child until the last case is gone. Your support will be a true act of kindness that will be felt forever after.
Past Southbank Rotary Foundation Projects
Here are some examples of some projects that Rotary Club of Southbank has done with Rotary Foundation Grant Money.
Here are some examples of some of the ways we have raised funds for the Foundation.
Rotary Foundation Centennial Dinner
- This event, celebrating the centenary of The Rotary Foundation in 2017 raised over $6 million in bequests and over $1m in cash donations.
Members and others can contribute through the:
- Every Rotarian, Every Year Program which invites you to contribute a minimum of USD$100 to the foundation by Direct Debit (either monthly of yearly)
or through becoming a member of the
- Paul Harris Society involving a contribution of USD$1000 per year. Our District of 67 clubs has over 110 current members of the Paul Harris Society and you are encouraged to join these leaders in showcasing your commitment to the Foundation.
Here are some example of the ways that you can give personally.
For all givings, the recommended way is through MyRotary. All donations will be receipted thhrough MyRotary. Individual Donations (not Club contributions) are also tax deductible.
For alternative methods including Bank Transfer, Post and over the phone, please refer to: